Asian Pacific Community Giving Circle Grant Opportunities
Through the Asian Pacific Community Giving Circle (APCGC), formerly known as the APCF Board of Directors & Friends Giving Circle, the Asian Pacific Community Fund (APCF) has the opportunity to offer 6 new grant opportunities to organizations serving the underserved Asian and Pacific Islander communities throughout Greater Los Angeles County. APCGC is a member of the AAPIP National Giving Circle Network and receives matching grants to increase support to its recipient community organizations.
A total of six $5,000 grant awards are available. Organizations may submit for more than one category.1. FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN WITH DISABILITIES: ONE $5,000 GRANT AVAILABLE2. MENTAL HEALTH: TWO $5,000 GRANTS AVAILABLE
Examples include but are not limited to the following:
3. CAPACITY BUILDING: THREE $5,000 GRANTS AVAILABLE
- Overcoming Stigma to Accessing Services
- Outreach & Awareness
- Violence Prevention (Suicide, Gun Violence, etc.)
- BOARD/STAFF DEVELOPMENT
- Leadership Development
- Functional Training
- MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
- Annual Report
- OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY
- Equipment/Software Upgrades
- Process Evaluation & Improvement
- RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
- Fundraising Training
- Planned Giving Implementation
Service Area: Greater Los Angeles CountyPopulation: Underserved Asians and/or Pacific IslandersOrganization: Must be a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization or have a fiscal sponsor/agent as such
Application Deadline: Monday, December 15, 2014 at 5:00pm.
Applications must be submitted online by the deadline with additional required information delivered or postmarked no later than December 15, 2014. Late applications will not be accepted. No exceptions. (If the APCF office is closed, packages can be left with the 2nd floor receptionist between 9am – 5pm M-F except holidays.)
Before Starting the Application:
If you wish to download the grant application questions and prepare your responses in advance, you may do so at the link below. Please note that applications are only accepted online, no exceptions.
Additional documents required for the online application:
1. Annual Report, if available. If you don’t produce an Annual Report, please upload a copy of your agency brochure or recent newsletter. Please do not provide any other extraneous materials.
2. Project Budget. Please use the worksheet available at the link below and upload when complete.
Instructions: The worksheet is fill-able and will automatically calculate the appropriate rows and columns. The file must be saved upon closing in order to save the data.
3. Work Plan and Timetable (required for Capacity Building Grant application only). Please provide your work plan and timetable to accomplish each task using the template available at the link below and upload:
4. 501(c)(3) Status Letter if organization is not an APCF Affiliate Agency
The online application is NOT saveable and must be completed in one sitting so it is best to prepare all your documents and responses prior to starting the application.
DO NOT REFRESH PAGE OR USE THE BACKSPACE BUTTON. DOING SO WILL CAUSE YOU TO LOSE YOUR INFORMATION. USE THE NAVIGATION AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE TO MOVE THROUGH THE APPLICATION.
DOCUMENTS THAT MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA MAIL OR IN PERSON:
1. 5 copies of your Annual Report, if available. If you don’t produce an Annual Report, please mail 5 copies of your agency brochure or recent newsletter. Please do not provide any other extraneous materials.
2. 1 copy of most current Form 990 if organization is not an APCF Affiliate.
Note: If you are applying for multiple grants, you only have to mail in one (1) set of these additional documents.
Additional documents must be submitted to:
Asian Pacific Community Fund
1145 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 105
Los Angeles, CA 90017